This one-day course is designed to help business users, manager and decision-makers understand the concepts and benefits of Big Data and how it can help them meet business goals.
You will get a good understanding of the Big Data Landscape, dispelling the myths around Big Data, and find out what it is and is not, how to get the biggest benefit for your organisation and guidance on the best of breed approach to initiate a Big Data Programme.
At the end of this course you will be able to understand:
- The Big Data value proposition
- Big Data technology landscape, terminology and choices available
- How Big Data technology can integrate with traditional enterprise systems, and the rest of the business
- how to begin to form a strategic action plan for building a business case and initiating a Big Data programme.
- Big data fundamentals
- Beyond the hype – What is Big Data in my organisation?
- Case studies & use cases
- Emergence of new Big Data roles
- Integrating Big Data technology into the business
- Types of technology underpinning Big Data
- Technology platform feature comparisons: Hadoop, NoSQL, others
- Architectural Overview for non-technical users
- Social media, the quest for real-time and the future…
- Building a business case
- Big Data project guidelines and best practices
- Integrating a Big data strategy into the traditional enterprise IT environment